makes 12 pancakes
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups whole milk kefir (i use plain but you can use flavored to change your pancakes)
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tbsp sugar, maple syrup or any other sweetener (optional)
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- In a seperate bowl, mix kefir, milk, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients into dry and mix until moist. It will be lumpy!
- Pre-heat griddle to 350 or pan over medium heat. Grease with butter or oil.
- Spoon batter into pans with a 1/2 cup measure.
- Cook until you see bubbles in the center of the pancakes, then flip and cook on other side for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immefdiately or keep them warm on a plate in the oven.
*make extras, let them cool and pack them in a quart size ziplock (1 pancake per bag). Place the bags in the freezer, When you need a pancake take a bag out and place the pancake on a plate. Microwave for 1 minute and serve!