1 lbs ground dark meat turkey
3 garlic cloves
1 tsp soy sauce
3 tsp fresh ginger
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup water
oil for frying
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1 tablespoon corn starch
4 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 400
- Chop garlic, scallion and ginger in a food processor until finely chopped. Add egg, soy and black pepper and mix until combined.
- In a seperate bowl, mix meat, egg mixture, panko and water by hand until combined.
- Scoop one tablespoon of the meat mixture into your palm and shape into a ball. Continue until all the meat is formed, makes about 20 meatballs.
- Heat oil in saute pan over medium heat.
- Fry meatballs in oil , 1-2 minutes per side, until lightly browned.
- Place semi cooked meatballs on a cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes until cooked through.
- While meatballs bake make teriyaki sauce.
- Combine soy, water, pineapple juice and honey in a pan over medium heat. Stir until honey is disolved and the mixture comes to a boil.
- Once boiling, whisk in corn starch, making sure to mix thoroughly to avoid lumps.
- Increase the heat, stirring constantly, to allow the sauce to thicken, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and serve over or on the side with the meatballs.