Zucchini Corn Fritters
2 medium zucchini
2 ears corn, stripped
1 tsp kosher salt, plus extra to taste
2 scallions, sliced thin
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 200
- Shred zucchini in food processor.
- Toss zucchini, scallion and salt in a large bowl. Let rest for 10 minutes to draw out the water.
- Wring out the zucchini by wrapping it in a kitchen towel and squeezing the liquid out. This is best to do in batches.
- Taste drained zucchini and add salt if needed.
- Add corn kernels, egg, flour and baking powder and mix until combines.
- Heat oil in a skillet or on a griddle. Drop tablespoon sized heaps into oil and cook until golden, 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook 2-3 minutes longer to brown both sides. Place cooked fritters on a cookie sheet.
- Repeat, adding oil to the pan if needed, until all the batter is used.
- Keep finished fritters warm in the oven.